Food Review: Bibby's Crepe Cafe, La Jolla


Photo from Yelp

Whenever I have that feeling for crepes, Bibby's fulfills that craving. My boyfriend and I found this place on Yelp! I think about a year ago. Since then, we've been coming here plenty of times.

I've only tried a couple of creperies in San Diego, but none of them ever tasted as good as Bibby's.

My favorite savory crepe would be the Californian crepe. Buckwheat crepe with avocado, tomato, baby spinach, turkey, bacon, and their special sauce. At one time they forgot to put the special sauce and it didn't taste the same.


My favorite sweet crepe is the Lemon crepe. I love the tangy, sweet and sour taste you get from taking a bite. They use a different batter for the crepe instead of the buckewheat batter. Inside is just the lemon juice and sugar with whip creme to top it off. Simple yet tasty.

The place is the average size of a cafe, but not good for large groups. I like sitting at the higher tables. I like to feel taller since I'm short. Plus you get the window seat and you get see the cars and people pass by.

They also have a breakfast menu that I've tried once. I ended up getting Belgian waffles with whip cream and strawberries and they were good.

My only complaint would be their hours. I called on a day that they were supposed to be open.I wanted to check if they were open, but there was no answer.

Definitely if you are ever in the area and have an appetite for crepes, check out Bibby's Crepe Cafe in La Jolla off of Pearl St. After you're meal, you can take a stroll down to the ocean, which is just down the street and enjoy the view.

---UPDATE---
12-03-13

I'm sad to say that Bibby's Crepe Cafe in La Jolla is no longer in business. Last month I did a search on Yelp and found out that they are closed. Ah, I'm going to miss their crepes, especially the Californian crepe and its special, secret sauce they put inside of it. Darn, I wasn't able to get one last bite of it to have a memory of how good it tasted. My boyfriend and I have tried to recreate their crepe in the past, but we were never successful in making their sauce.

Bibby's, you will be missed. Farewell.

Labels: